Welcome back to all my readers! Yes, you read the title right...my curls are literally ruined!! =(


I've spent the past 7 years learning my curl type, the products my hair likes/dislikes, the best deep conditioning method, hot oil treatments, etc. I was loving the way my curls were and how much I'd learned about my hair. Curly hair is very high maintenance, but I felt like I'd made A LOT of progress. I decided at one point and time to get rid of everything that I was unsure of as far as my curly hair regimen. I pretty much knew what I liked to use but you know us curly girls...we become hoarders LOL. Any who, I had just figured out how to take care of my hair for the most part. I hardly used any heat in my hair, BUT I feel like if I'm taking such good care of it straightening it every now and again shouldn't hurt. So normally I'll wear it straight for about 2 1/2 weeks then go back to curly. I only do this about once every so many months. Well this last time that did not happen. 

*Deep sigh* This last time I straightened my hair, I went a little bit longer before washing it than normal. That wouldn't cause any damage though. Well, I got in the shower to wash and deep condition my hair (like I normally do when reverting back to curly). I normally wash with the same products but for some reason I decided to use something new (A BIG NO NO). I don't even know why I used this particular product. I stopped using it in high school because I noticed my hair started falling out in chunks after washing with this brand. I hear a lot of good reviews on this product BUT, it is true that not everything that works for someone else will work for you. The crazy thing is, I had issues with this product before...so I don't even know why I picked up. So, I'm washing my hair and the first thing I notice is the smell. Ya'll...it smelled like I had a perm in my hair. You all know that chemical smell when you're getting your hair permed. Yeah, so I'm applying this shampoo and as I'm rubbing it in my hair I start to smell chemicals. I'm so confused at this point because I really didn't know what was going on. 

The next thing I notice is the feel of the product as I'm trying to scrub my hair. It felt like I was literally putting wax on my hair. I FREAKED OUT!!! I felt like I was on some prank show and someone was going to jump from behind the curtain (well, that's what I was hoping anyway). So, I immediately jump out of the shower, panicked, and grabbed my regular shampoo. I go between a sulfate, paraben free shampoo to one that has these products. My reasoning for that is because my hair sometimes requires a deep clean after while. So, the first thing that comes to my mind is that I need to quickly wash this product out of my hair!! Like, really scrub my hair clean. I apple the product and immediately I feel that wax feeling leaving my hair. But I also could feel that my hair was now hard *sad face*. I did a deep condition and anxiously awaited until I was done so I could see the damage. I already knew...my curls were ruined. YOU GUYS....I got out of the shower and went to look in the mirror and my hair was BONE STRAIGHT!!! It looked like I had just gotten a perm. Mind you, this was just shampoo that I put on my hair. The shampoo even listed on the label that it had micellar water in it for a gentler cleanse. Yeah, that was a straight LIE! I still to this day don't know exactly what happened. 

Wet hair...straight ends 
Dry Hair...straight pieces all over 

























So, now I am on my journey back to healthy curly hair. The advantage I have now, is that I pretty much know how to nurture it back to health. That experience was so crazy and DEFINITELY a LESSON LEARNED. I chose to not list the product because someone else may be able to use it and it works just fine for THEIR hair. For me...this was NOT THE CASE. I will say to make sure you pay attention to YOUR hair and what it likes. DON'T try just anything because someone else is using it. Pay attention to the products and just be careful. This honestly is something that sounds like a freak accident. Whatever the case, I'm just glad it's over and I am now in the second month of trying to bring these curls back to LIFE!



Have you ever had a bad experience with a product? Let me know down below?