Sorry for the slack in content for you guys to read. Is it just me, or did this month just fly by?

If you read the title then you know that we (my daughter and I) sent my hubby a CARE PACKAGE!!
I don't like deployments one bit, although I fully support my husband with his military career and decisions. That doesn't mean that I can't miss him while he is away from us. With that being said... the ONLY thing fun about a deployment is being able to decorate our box and send it to him. This helps me feel like we are able to send a bit of home and our love to him, while he's in Yonder *squints eyes*. I think he enjoys them as well, besides we always load it with GOODIES.

Hobby Lobby and Michaels is where we got most our supplies. I'm sure most of you, if not all, know just how awesome these two stores are. I could seriously blow a paycheck in Hobby Lobby *laughs nervously*. I got the actual shipping box from USPS online. They allow you to order their large flat rate boxes in sets of 10 or 25 for free. Or you could get a Military Kit, which includes different size boxes and things you will need to ship your box. I honestly have only used one size thus far and have the post office provide the other stuff to ship, like the domestic forms, etc. when I go to mail it. Just remember what all you put inside the box...trust me, it saves so much time.

I've seen some people take the entire box apart and put wrapping paper throughout. While this is super cute, I found wrapping paper to be limited as far as designs/themes and somewhat costly. So I opted for a more reasonable option and more budget friendly. Being that the stuff in the box was pretty costly AND I wanted super cute themes that I could locate rather easily. Without having to order and wait for them to arrive or change my mind about the theme after already ordering. Hobby Lobby AND Michaels sells super cute paper (mimics scrap booking paper to me, or it actually may be for that, LOL) and it comes in all kinds of different colors and themes, and several different sizes.
It's about 42 cents a sheet and it covers one tab or flap of the box. The bigger ones which you can cut in half are about 98 cents. I like to use spray glue because it holds a lot better. I will warn you though...USE IT OUTSIDE. It's a spray so that's pretty self explanatory. Well I'm not a professional box maker but I think we did a good job. I'll make sure to post every box we send, after he receives it of course. I don't want to ruin the moment for my husband by posting before he see's it. Well, one day down and so many more to go. We are making progress through this deployment.

If you guys have any questions about anything, drop them below. I'd love to answer them!!