I'll start by saying forgive, forgive, and then forgive some more. In order to survive LIFE, you have to learn to FORGIVE. Even when forgiveness isn't seen as warranted *deep sigh*. I don't think you could ever become a pro at forgiveness. But, I do believe it becomes easier with time and knowing what God says about it.

I held so much animosity in my heart towards people for so long, that I didn't even realize it anymore. I confused numbing the emotions with moving forward/forgiveness *rolls eyes & shakes head*. When truthfully, I only masked the hurt and anger which sparked a ticking time bomb within myself. Well, we all know what comes next...an explosion. This toxicity can only be buried for so long, before the smallest of events eventually sets you off and it all comes pouring out. That's usually how it happens in all the movies, right? They go through so much until finally...BOOM, their now a trained killer (LOL) out for revenge. After everything they buried inside (the lady in the fast food drive-thru) the smallest thing finally SET THEM OFF. No but seriously, it's similar in real life. No person or event should have enough power over you to have you in such bondage. Easier said than done, I know. Trust me, I really REALLY know. But it's inevitable. Or is it?

First let me say this, *grabs megaphone* PEOPLE WILL HURT YOU! Whether it be intentional, unintentional, some what intentional, whatever...it will happen. Some people will hurt you multiple times. There are even some that won't even seem the least bit sorry about it. But you know what (brace yourself, maybe have a seat?) IT'S OKAY! Yes!!! I said that it's okay. I'll explain why it's okay and give you some things to think about.



I'm not sure how many of you are spiritual that are reading this. If you are that's great and if not that's okay too. But I do want you to know that forgiving whomever for whatever heals *grins from ear to ear* YOU. It allows you to let go of what someone did to you and removes the burden that YOU'RE carrying daily because of it...whether you admit it or even realize it.  So let it go, let them go, let yourself heal. No, they didn't say sorry, so what. I am a true believer in you reap what you sow. If they did apologize, really forgive them. I'm not saying now you have to be all buddy buddy (Starbucks on me!!!). That is YOUR decision if you chose reconciliation or not.


I've been binge watching a YouTube pastor and he is awesome. His name is Pastor Steven Furtick. I'll link his channel so feel free to check him out. Well, he mentioned something in one of his messages that rang so many bells in my mind. I'd never thought of it this way and probably wouldn't have if he didn't say it. But his words (I felt) were from God to me, being that I was struggling with unforgiveness. He said "we tend to look at someone's actions and not their intentions". WOW!! "When we do something we automatically think of what we intended and not what we actually did, right?! What if we gave people that same benefit of the doubt?" BOOM!! Did bells ring for you too? 
*shimmies across the room*


Lastly, God's word says that WE HAVE TO FORGIVE. Yep! But when you think about it, it makes sense. When you don't forgive, how do you feel? Even when you play Big Bad Wolf. When you're done blowing houses down...I'm sure you still feel that burden of unforgiveness. So my unprofessional BUT Godly wisdom obtained through reading the word and actually going through the storm of unforgiveness....FORGIVE and BE FREE




Colossians 3:13 NLT

Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 



Matthew 18:22 NLT

Then Peter came to him and asked, "Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?" "No, not seven times, " Jesus replied, "but seventy times seven!"



Luke 17:4 NLT

Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive."

Go check out Pastor Steven Furtick